The end of my days in Japan.

Salam. Hi.

*This post was actually written on December 5th 2018.
But I kept in draft all this while, and now publish it for my own sweet memories. (:

So I've made up my mind to back for good to Malaysia. yay! FINALLY FATIHIN!
It has been 8 years! wow!
There are basically few strong reasons that triggered me to make this decision. It was all quite sudden since I just started working back after taking a child-care leave for a year. I never thought I would stop working in this current company because you know, stagnant, stagnant is good for lazy person. haha.
I can just continue working and then ask them to transfer me to their production factory in Malaysia, then just continue working. Well that was my intention, at first.
Never have to go through another interview process to find another job, or prepare money to back for good, you know, all the things that need MONEY, buy flight tickets etc. Life is easier that way.

BUT, BUT, few things happened that forced me to make this one of a huge decision in my life. After working for almost 4 years, I found a big differences in a way the workers are being treated in Japan and in Malaysia.
Yes, I used to outstation to our country few times. And yes, I am an observer and detail oriented one. I asked almost everything that I need to know.
I don't agree with the Japanese system that they applied in our country. And this included the agreement, the salary, and of course the treatment to us, the locals who are working for them.
I did my part to disagree and asked them to do their part to reconsider, unfortunately nothing really change even after about a year of time taken for reconsideration. Nothing, nothing, nothing....
But I don't really blame them. People have their own way of thinking, me too.
Japanese have their own Japanese culture - kind of thinking, Malaysian also do the same.

So when some people think that we shouldn't work for money. Work for satisfaction.
I will just go like. Err.??! Haha
Because, I think money comes first. Because I want to live a good life.
Eat good food, go travel sometimes, have fun with family, buy good books, send the babies to good school, you know. That's what I told to my "Jyoushi" (the superior, my direct manager), I still want to eat sushi even I BFG, and sushi is very expensive okayy in Malaysia.
He just laughed and kind- of agreed to what I'm saying. Tho, they also cannot do anything much
because this is management's decision.
Most of you might be wondering right, what is the money issue that I was talking about.
Actually the company planned to transfer me back to Malaysia and only compensate 40% of what I received in Japan. Can you believe that?! Haha.
Graduated from Japan Gov uni just like the Japanese (actually better than some of those who when to private), doing the same thing just like what other Japanese employee is doing, the same job, the same level of understanding, the same level of responsibility, BUT received 60% lesser than your own colleague due to I was born "Malaysian". lol.
i think this is so funny and judgemental and racist. they didn't even judge my performance, my skill, my ability, which made me come to this decision.

What is satisfaction if you can't live a good life?
Well it's good if you can gain both in your current working company.
Stay where you are baby, stay where you are.

And since form the last meeting, nothing changed, then I decided to stop working, or should I say stop 'serving' them. 15th of Dec 2018 will be my official last day of working. Can't wait to start my journey in Malaysia! yeehaa!
Bismillahhi tawakkaltualallah. May Allah ease the journey.

Love,
Fin





Comments